Counseling for Amputees
Miami Prosthetics and Orthotics Facility
Losing a limb can cause physical, emotional and mental suffering. Depending on the severity of your amputation, there are a number of physical factors which can can be affected. At Ortho Pro Associates, we offer limb loss counseling to help you recover from your amputation including pre-op and immediate post-op counseling to guide you and your family throughout the rehabilitation process.
Limb loss is a traumatic experience and counseling can help you get through the various stages of grieving:
We cannot determine the exact amount of time it takes you to get through these stages or how the process will affect you personally. Counseling from our team at Ortho Pro Associates can help you to address phantom pain and phantom sensation as well as other related feelings you may go through following amputation. Call our South Florida prosthetics and orthotics team at (305)598-9688 (Kendall) to request additional information about our limb loss counseling services.
- Practitioners and staff regularly attend continuing education programs
- Licensed by the State of Florida
- All Practitioners received a higher level of education from an ABC accredited university
- Our facilities have received ABC accreditation
- We leverage the latest orthotic and prosthetic techology